Artist Mike S. Miller's rendition of Groot and Rocket from 'Guardian's of the Galaxy' as Calvin and Hobbes.
(Serves 4-6 )
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup apple or pineapple juice
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup Bourbon
Total Cooking time: 45 minutes
1. The first step is to cut the boneless chicken into small 1 inch pieces. You can use either a knife or kitchen scissors.
2. Mix the garlic, apple or pineapple juice, brown sugar, ginger, apple vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and the bourbon into a medium sized bowl. Stir until it all blends together.
3. Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the chicken and leave it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. It is better is you leave it overnight.
4. After the chicken marinated, heat up a large frying pan and pour the oil into it. When the oil is hot add the chicken pieces and cook at medium-high heat and stir until the chicken turns a golden.
5. Add 1/2 cup water to the remaining sauce and when the chicken is done pour it in the frying pan.
6. Reduce to low heat and cover the pan leaving a small opening for the air to escape. Cook for 20 minutes and don’t forget to stir a few times. If the sauce is too thick you can add a tablespoon of Chicken broth.
7. Serve hot with white or brown rice garnish or fries. Enjoy!
Elegant and simple, the Cajun Bourbon Chicken Recipe pleases the senses and makes a great meal for the entire family.