Chinese researchers say they are developing technology that would allow submarines to travel more than 750 mph. That’s faster than commercial aircraft fly, and yes, it is possible. The technology is called supercavitation, and it’s been around for decades. The idea is to increase the speed of an object like, say, a submarine or torpedo…
Easy Healthier Crockpot Butter Chicken
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks1/2 onion, finely minced2 tablespoons butter3 cloves garlic, minced or grated1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger2 teaspoons curry powder1-2 teaspoons curry paste ( I used Thai Red Curry Paste and 2 teaspoons)2 tablespoons garam masala1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric ( I used 1/2 since my family is not crazy about turmeric)1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less if you are not a spicy person)1/4 teaspoon salt1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, regular or lite (I used regular), plus more if needed to thin the sauce1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used 0%)1/4 cup half and half or heavy creamcooked white rice, for servingFresh homemade Naan , for scooping (a must!)
- In a large glass measuring cup or bowl mix together the coconut milk, greek yogurt and cream. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic, ginger and all the spices. Mix well.
- Spray the inside of your crockpot bowl with cooking spray or grease with olive oil. To the bowl sprinkle the onion over the bottom. Add the chicken and then pour the coconut milk mixture over the chicken so the chicken is completely covered. Add the butter and place the lid on the crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. I like to stir mine once or twice during cooking, but it is not necessary. When ready to serve taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve over rice with a big piece of fresh Naan
Artist Mike S. Miller's rendition of Groot and Rocket from 'Guardian's of the Galaxy' as Calvin and Hobbes.
(Serves 4-6 )
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup apple or pineapple juice
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup Bourbon
Total Cooking time: 45 minutes
1. The first step is to cut the boneless chicken into small 1 inch pieces. You can use either a knife or kitchen scissors.
2. Mix the garlic, apple or pineapple juice, brown sugar, ginger, apple vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and the bourbon into a medium sized bowl. Stir until it all blends together.
3. Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the chicken and leave it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. It is better is you leave it overnight.
4. After the chicken marinated, heat up a large frying pan and pour the oil into it. When the oil is hot add the chicken pieces and cook at medium-high heat and stir until the chicken turns a golden.
5. Add 1/2 cup water to the remaining sauce and when the chicken is done pour it in the frying pan.
6. Reduce to low heat and cover the pan leaving a small opening for the air to escape. Cook for 20 minutes and don’t forget to stir a few times. If the sauce is too thick you can add a tablespoon of Chicken broth.
7. Serve hot with white or brown rice garnish or fries. Enjoy!
Elegant and simple, the Cajun Bourbon Chicken Recipe pleases the senses and makes a great meal for the entire family.